1.10.06

October isn't National Impulse Control Month, is it?

I like October. Always have. I like the month, the temperature (in almost every single place I've lived), the little "x" if you write your months in Roman numerals, the word "October," and so it goes... I don't know that I would ever name a child after October tho. A main character in one of this weekend's movies at our house was named "October" -- "Tob" for short. The movie was Down in the Valley and it was pretty good, but not as good as the two others I rented this weekend, The Proposition and Hard Candy, neither of which is for the faint of heart, esp. the latter. All were good, The Proposition being a bit better I thought than DITV, and Hard Candy being best of all. If you see Hard Candy, be ready. Quite disturbing and thought provoking and engrossing. I think Ellen Page should be nominated for an Oscar. Patrick Wilson was great, too, but omygosh this girl can frickin' act like nobody's business.

Working on a fledgling version of a blog for the kits, partly b/c of this one's becoming so feline-heavy... and partly because their diaries on Catster are so fun... Besides their "blogging" tho it will have as much of the cat stuff as possible kind of segregated on it. This weekend I made a good start but still not happy with the template; I've tweaked lots of stuff but mostly I think I'm just really tired of Blogger's formatting choices... Of course if I were more skilled at all this stuff I could make it do what I want really easily and it wouldn't matter whose templates I started from, but as it is I'm sometimes a bit challenged with it. I did learn a few new things today that were very cool, but there's still a lot I want to change and have to figure out first. Anyway also did lots of clean-up that I've been wanting to do here on this blog, too... some of which may be wasted energy later thanks to some of the beta features... (namely tag and search capabilities) if I indeed go for beta... (those tags are callin'...) Anyway2 all the cat links off this blog will go on the cat blog (backasswardsness of that concept notwithstanding!) altho you can still access them in my self-made glossary thingy in the sidebar here of course (until the beta, or not) in case you get a hankering for kitpix or sagas later. Oh, and btw, I won't have time to kick the beta idea around any more til next weekend, either, so those of you who have been wondering about comments I guess no worries for a while yet.

For that whole paragraph to make sense you pretty much have to be inside my head, so nevermind if it was just babble.

Anyway3 of course I've been playing with that instead of working (we already knew I could not be trusted with TV in the house so what made me think I'd be able to trust myself with home internet access? nyernt nyernt) so

bai.

3 commentaires:

Humour and last laugh a dit…

interesting blog.

Susan a dit…

Thanks altho you caught it at a rather cutesy period... doh!

Applecart T. a dit…

what is the beta? i have heard about it, but why would someone go to "b" format. . .i've seen one person's, and i miss her old blog in "alpha" or whatever. is it easier to use/template? can a person un-beta or is it irreversible?

gosh, if you can't get the results you want out of your template. . .how can i? : )