19.10.06

Thursday 13, v.2



13 amazing (or at least quite good) things about this afternoon

1. time for a matinée when there's a non-teeny bopper, non-frat boy, actually desire-sparking movie at the cinema at last

2. free entry thanks to my Alessio connection :)

3. fun promo popcorn bag with attached dental pick-flosser (even tho I always have my toothpick-equipped mini-Swiss army knife)

4. getting into the theater pre-previews thereby having time for getting comfy and a couple of minutes of journaling in between popcorn kernels

5. gigantic beauteous face of Gerard Butler in the 300 preview

6. fun snack guy who, sans spoiler, confirmed my good movie choice of

7. The Departed

8. no technical problems (believe me at our local Carmike, where 6 out of my 8 total lifetime movie theater viewing tech problem instances have occurred, seeing a whole movie without any craziness is a Big Deal)

9. Scorsese

10. no lengthy fellow-patron shouting matches followed by big ladies storming out of the theater (which happened last time I was there)

11. Scorsese

12. Nicholson, DiCaprio, and Wahlberg (esp. Nicholson, and I'm not a huge Matt Damon fan altho he did fine - I'll leave lauding him to someone else)

13. Scorsese

There is no bad here.
ps. Did I mention Scorsese?

13 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Thats a really great cast.Glad you had a good time

Hen Jen a dit…

Good topic! sounds like a good time, #8 made me laugh, tell us more- do you live in a small town? #10 was an intriguing mental picture also...

don't know what movie you mentioned, sadly behind the times here in 4 kids land...but sounded like a good cast.

have a good week, and happy TT!
mine is up, missing a picture I will add later,
Jenny in Ca

Anthony a dit…

I guess I'm gonna have to break a "going to movies alone" rule to see that Departed deal.
A radio host last night told us to turn off the radio and go see the movie.
So, I guess it's pretty good?

Anonyme a dit…

I loved your list!!

Thanks for visiting my site too!

Unknown a dit…

This is on our list to see! Great cast.Thanks for the review!

Frances D a dit…

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I've heard such good things about The Departed - can't wait to see it.
Have a great week.
Take care,
Frances

Anonyme a dit…

Thanks for dropping in. I know this film is on the woman's must see list and so she'll be happy when I tell her she must see it.

Scribbit a dit…

I wish I'd had your afternoon--movie popcorn . . . mmmmm

Tink a dit…

I didn't hear about The Departed before, but you made me very curious!
Thanks for stopping by!

Nathalie a dit…

wow, thanks for mentioning Gerard Butler in 300...
The actor I love, in a type of movie I love...! Great!
Thanks for stopping by at my TT!

Caylynn a dit…

Sounds like you had a good afternoon. :) I'll have to check that movie out.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Carmen a dit…

well, it looks like you had a great night at the movies. Good for you!

Geekwif a dit…

Sounds like you had a great time. And now technical difficulties – you gotta love that!