9.6.09

well since I was speaking English most of the evening

it's a good time to post. Tomorrow I'll strive for a non-English day...

Wine and dinner and more wine with a bunch of students this evening (shhhhhh, don't tell Clems*n :) Really great evening. We went to the Crypte Archéologique du Parvis de Notre-Dame this afternoon, then I met with the 210's, then we met some others for dinner. Wine during 210 class. Have to say teaching in Paris has definite advantages. Of course I could meet for class in Clems*n at a bar or something but it's much more blatant that way than in a café here.

My throat is getting a little sore. I hope it's because of the weird tickle I got at the museum and had to keep clearing my throat and coughing like crazy for about 15 minutes. But I fear my glands are a little swollen, as well. Hope it's not all the sleep deprivation from the first two weeks catching up with me in the form of a grosse rhume!... hmph.

Tomorrow is the Louvre, again :) and Thursday is the Musée Rodin, which is one of my faves. Of course the Louvre is a nice little museum as well. nyernt nyernt. Friday we're having apéro at my house and Saturday we go to Versailles. The Versailles people are so incredibly nice - I'm not sure why - it's not that the other museum staffs are mean or anything but the Versailles people have all been incredibly warm and personable on the phone. Sunday is slightly up in the air still - might give people a choice between a few things; some of us want to go to the Marché aux Puces tho in the morning, too, before our official group outing. Might find some more fun gifties for people...

Off to the copy shop to fax some stuff and print a copy of my Versailles reservation to have with me Saturday. Promise Tours pix soon... possibly sans commentaire so I can stick to my English moratorium, or I'll wait til the next English day...

Aucun commentaire: