3.4.11

Au petit coin

We got a new shower curtain, which of course means that I am going to post about it, not because it's particularly interesting (altho it is a pretty fun shower curtain) but because I do not want to grade papers, of course.

Also it is an excuse to show you the new Andy Warhol cats bathroom décor. Of course you never saw the previous décor but imagine something very hodge podge tho colorful and you'll have it. Now we almost have a theme - on the walls anyway. Not sure how all my weird tins and tin toys fit in but whatever. We don't like to do TOO much cat stuff anyway, so it's just as well it be tempered with whimsical tin items and a completely wacky shower curtain.

Old shower curtain...


New shower curtain...

 

I actually kind of prefer the stripes, the bathroom is pretty small for all the movement the dots create. But the old one was getting super mildew-stainy on the bottom (only visible when you're in the tub but still it was getting quite gooby and no amount of washing undoes that shit) and this is the first new one I've found in MONTHS that was high enough on the fun scale. I do like that this one is white-white instead of off-white, it helps brighten up our icky cream-colored bathroom and makes up for all the dots. I surprised myself by not minding that this one is part polyester; I usually go cotton all the way for shower curtains, but the poly makes it lighter weight and I think it probably won't hold onto mildew stains so badly.

This mildew issue has only been since coming to SC. We go thru about one shower curtain every year or so (makes me feel really wasteful b/c the fabric is always still fine, just the stains are unbelievable - this one had that plastic reinforcement on top where the buttonholes for the curtain rings go and the reinforcement was starting to disintegrate so that helped me feel less guilty this time). In Auburn our fabric curtain was going on 4 years when we moved and still looked pretty much brand new every time we washed it (it would have lasted another year I guess, here, before being stained beyond acceptability but it was accidentally thrown away in the packing frenzy, along with my really fun periwinkle toilet lid cover... Ah well... :)

Without further ado... Andy Warhol cat wall (please disregard weird stains and spots on wall... if I'm here much longer I'm going to ask Sh*nnon and Alis*n if I can repaint the bathroom... for now it is pretty far down on the priority list)...

 

I keep debating if I should put the green one on that wall; a piece of me wants all the full cat body portraits on the same wall. But the weird baby-shit-brown one that is just the cat face (closest to orange bath mat hanging on shower rod here) looks even weirder on its own above the toilet... Then again I don't really... um... look that way when I'm spending any amount of time right there, so... :)

Interesting Wheaties box - almost - cat perspectives...

Aucun commentaire: