20.5.11

This is how much I am addicted to coffee tables...

I never knew that if I am sitting on a couch I absolutely HAVE to have something in front of me upon which to put all my crap!  That's a plastic drawer organizer thingy if you can't tell. I don't have nearly enough clothes to fill the two other dressers in the bedroom let alone that thing, luckily. It's actually doing a pretty fair job as coffee table stand-in.


This doesn't have anything to do with the coffee table, I just think my toilet paper rocks. Unfortunately it comes in a six pack of rolls of which three are this, and three are  FLOWERY :(  plus it cost: 2,77€  ($3.92 by today's rate). The rolls are downsized, like everything over here except the cathedrals :) , about 2/3 as big as our rolls (1/2 if you like those jumbo rolls the sell in the U.S.)

Then again I'm drinking a very respectable red wine from Ardèche which only cost 2,30€ but came in a normal-sized bottle so it all evens out :)

The apartment is not as charming as last year or the year before but it is quaint and has lots of fun quirky French aspects. I'll probably do a vid this weekend sometime.

5 commentaires:

Applecart T. a dit…

six little rolls for 4 dollars … sounds about the same as here. six giant rolls are $9 (i think; anyway, it's always shocking and annoying, and i can't think of any way around it. i guess one could use re-washable things for such, but …)

what do the french have against coffee tables : )

Susan a dit…

remind me never to buy toilet paper in KC :) I just bought a twelve-pack of Northern for the house before leaving and I'm sure it was right around 4 dollars... re the coffee table actually they almost always have them (and the apt description said there was one) but it's just absent in this particular pad :)

Linda a dit…

Must look up envy in French. The last time was in Paris women had giant, teased bouffant hairdos and wore little Jackie Kennedy sheath dresses. Just realized it was 50 years ago. Holy merde!

Susan a dit…

Linda don't worry - the FIRST time I was over disco was still taking its last breaths :)

Susan a dit…

Plus that just means you got to see it when it looked like a Truffaut movie! Now _I'm_ envious! :)