2.3.06

Ceadda

Happy day of Ceadda.

"Celtic: Ceadda, God of healing springs and holy wells, identified with the Crann Bethadh, tree of life. Clear trash from around springs."
(as per http://paganinstitute.org/PIR/sacred_times.html )

Something a little prophetic about that in this time of my trying to be positive, clearing out my springs a bit. So that's fun.

And so much more motivating to look forward to, or even honor, than the age-old "in like a lamb, out like a lion" thing, which I personally believe was just made up by some poor elementary school teacher in the 60's, desperate for a new March bulletin board theme. Oh don't send me links of the origins of that one, you'll just prove my point that the lion/lamb//lamb/lion conspiracy is quite genius indeed, as all the best conspiracies are.

Did anyone else have to make those paper-plate lions and lambs in art class every March 1st? Crazy 70's art teachers. Of course nowadays many kids would like even to be able to have enough of an art class to make paper-plate animals, but don't get me started.

Now I'm getting sad and pessimistic again. Better be off.

Now to that spring...

4 commentaires:

Ed a dit…

That small italicized font made me think you were referring to "healing springs" and "holy welts." My, that would be quite a combination.

Susan a dit…

kee!

Applecart T. a dit…

we were totally all about the lion/lamb motif in 1980. . . though i remember making a standing lion, legs being a half-folded construction paper sheet, with an arch cut out.

i will look up ceadda (follow link).

this march is already lamby.

Susan a dit…

crazy elementary school teachers!