27.3.06

RECIPE! corncakes

1 egg, beaten
¾ c. milk (I use soy milk and it’s great)
1 T. oil
1 c. self-rising cornmeal mix
½ t. sugar (I omit this)

Combine ingredients, mix well. Ladle onto lightly greased griddle or ungreased non-stick pan. Makes 8-10 small corn pancakes.

Once you're sated, go play string with Lucy!

I omit the sugar because I’ve been using these as a substitute for cornbread. Sometimes I make them super thin with a bit more salt and they satisfy the chip craving pretty well, in a moderately healthy way. This recipe came from the Martha White bag originally. I have been looking for a way to make a home mixture that would act the same as self-rising mixes w/little success. The closest I have figured so far is if you have 1 c. flour, and 1 c. cornmeal and about 1 T. baking powder, it should act the same as self-rising mix but for some reason when I do this my cornmeal settles to the bottom of whatever I’m making. So if anyone has tips for getting the home combo to work, please let me know. Until then, thank goodness for Martha White and similar mixes.

Aucun commentaire: