17.7.06

Quilt II - layout!

I must say the quilt pieces' colors look mighty perty with the color scheme on my blog. TOTALLY UNPLANNED BY ME!!!! I know!! Hard to believe how cool fate is at times!!!!!! (Yeah, leave me alone, and while you're at it: bite the big one - I can be excited if I want. Take your joy where you can get it I always say... OK well not really but still...)

Anyhooooo...

As I was saying... my brainstorm... WELL what I ended up doing was laying the pieces out so that the soit-disant (that's French for "so-called" kee) ugly pieces were mostly used up on the sides that would hang off the bed. What I didn't mention before was that some of the prettier pieces also included fabrics which I only had a little of and were Truly Fun, mostly because they had more blue and less red purples in them... So this plan of expressly having the pieces get more attractive towards the middle also accidentally resulted in a very subtle color shift from reddish to more bluish to reddish again as you look from one side to the center and then to the other side.

Anyway here's some layout progress pics. Please ignore the boring tan store-bought quilt beneath. Also I had to overlap the rows so really each swatch will be a square when it's sewn together - you'll have to use your imagination with that part...


She moved before I could get her in the act of her layout investigation but even in the window you can see that Miss Lucy is going to look quite astoundingly beautiful on the quilt once it's complete...


And the final layout...


Excuse the color variations with these. Fact is in my BR light it does look more reddish-purply but in daylight (you'll see in an entry or two) it looks much bluer, the presence of that one family of reddish-purple notwithstanding.

Anyway this is where I started rethinking my whole ugly-pieces-perty-pieces philosophy and began to have an inkling of some Major Beauteous Quilt Rockin' coming on... :)

Aucun commentaire: