4.7.06

TV, quilt, cats, heat

Well I've successfully completed all 7 seasons of Homicide (thanks to Lisa who owns them) so have been on somewhat of a bender TV-wise the last couple weeks. Add to that the various near-daily joys of the retail world, plus a new fitness regimen, plus I've started making a quilt.

Last night I finished the initial major cutting and will be almost exclusively sewing for the next couple of days. Despite the prevailing opinion that I'm never so happy as when I have a detail-oriented task to be all picky over, the cutting verged on being a slight drag because I was so anxious to be actually Constructing and it was a bit tedious getting the fabric straight for cutting, etc. Of course since I'm ultra-picky about that stuff, doubtless that was adding to the Drag Factor. So the last batch of strips I backed off quite a lot on the pickiness. Things went considerably faster, it's only my first quilt, and a scrap quilt at that, and the fabric was still as straight as would satisfy most of the world anyway (even tho in my head I felt like I was being quite the sneaky, lazy, corner-cutting quilter indeed). Always a good day when I can work a disclaimer in. kee.

Before I forget here's a pic of Sam helping out.

Sorry it's so blurry - I seem to be having quite a few brain clouds lately where checking the distance setting before I shoot is concerned and the view on my camera doesn't clearly show the blurriness... or is that a semantic oxymoron...? You get the idea anyway. Dean would be proud of the clamp usage. Jess thanks for storing your cutting mat at my house; I cut on my end (not that you would mind I'm sure) but putting the two together made for easier measuring.

Now that Homicide is over piecing will go much faster I think, and since it is so freakin' hot in the apt., standing around or getting up and down from behind the sewing machine is actually cooler than sitting anyway...

Here's a Lucy fix for you, too, before I take off:

She is very glad our Victorian chair is back home. Again please excuse the blurrage. And I swear I didn't plant the Hamlets. :)

3 commentaires:

Jessica a dit…

You could have certainly used my mat to cut on!! I bet your quilt is going to be awesome, and I can harldy wait to see it in person! More drama on the moves and jobs. I think I will send you a second e-mail today.
And to top it off, I am sick. Icky throat soreness. Wish I had a Sammers to help me quilt. Will be mailing you a gift tomorrow. FYI.

Applecart T. a dit…

what, you live dans le sud (i'm sure it just tickles you when i make up french) and you don't have A/C?

how literally environmental of you.

i'm such a baby about heat anymore. i have one friend who deals on purpose and out of frugality; she also has two cats.

Ed a dit…

Are you suggesting that the Hamlets spontaneously propogated there?

;)