15.9.06

Well it's definitely football season again...

...and we have a new crop of undergrad beer-guzzling party-throwers in the neighborhood. We were even treated to quite a loud gunshot a little bit ago. Fantastic. It seems much louder to me than in the past, and I can usually tune it out OK. I still probably won't have much trouble sleeping, as long as it stays at the current level anyway.

Sam is sitting on the bed chirping regularly - about every 1.5 minutes. It's the bedtime snack signal.

They've been napping, following a mini-session of play with the fun fleece tail plastic wand thingy. New rule re: string-like toys is we must measure them as soon as they enter the house, that way if Sam gets ahold of them by accident we can remeasure, thereby calculating how long a piece he has ingested. The final step is deciding whether a vet trip is in order or if a simple Poop Watch is sufficient.

Lucy has renewed her habit of bringing me toys in the middle of the night. Sometimes I even wake up. She doesn't try very hard to wake me, tho, truth be told. I can attest to this because at times when I'm just in twilight sleep upon her arrival, basically she jumps up with the string and drops it about 1-2 ft. from me, bats at it 2-3 times --which activity I guess is probably quite audible to her but my human ears find it pretty nigh indistinguishable from the surrounding silence-- gives one quiet albeit rather disgusted Mrrp and then forgets why she's up there in the first place and lies down or leaves.

I think she thinks I should have some innate sense for when a toy is around awaiting my participation; like my skin should start twitching or something. About every other morning when I go to make the bed lately her blue pajama string, in particular, is between the sheets. Maybe she thinks that if I don't respond she needs to take it under the covers for my cat-toy spidey dermo-sense to kick in.

I have 4 million things to grade and 300 dishes to do and about 80 things to pick up around the house from this week's worth of life fallout but have been playing online instead. Woo hoo!

Actually that's not all I've been doing; I've also been grazing pretty much nonstop ever since getting home from school. I think I've contracted munchitis. It's epic, I tell you.

Faux-journaling! Lucky you!

Aucun commentaire: