13.11.08

Countdown to retail...

Well hopefully not but we were informed today that we are required to take our furlough days during either winter or spring break. So at least I don't have to try to work them into the syllabus but on the other hand this will not send any kind of signal to students except perhaps that CU has really grouchy professors.

We can kinda xerox again tho, so I've got that going for me. There are lots of fun rules about it now: we're encouraged to put as much as possible on Blackboard (which I already was doing thank you) and are prohibited from handing out hard copy syllabi - altho they didn't address the rule on the University Syllabus Guidelines where it says each student must receive hard copy syll in their hand on the first day of class so...

As with most everything since my arrival here I'm not going to say anything. Keeping my head down both to reserve energies for all the stuff on my docket and to not ruffle feathers and hopefully keep working here long enough actually to enjoy it* or pay off my debt, whichever comes first.

*Oh OK, yes, there has been enjoyment detected on occasion but the goal is a place where that would outweigh the non-enjoyment and stress... Keep your fingers crossed.

2 commentaires:

Applecart T. a dit…

contradictions abound! when an institute of higher learning is all cheesed up …

i'm sorry.

i've been contemplating retail, too. not acting on it … have self-defeating determination that economy is not strong enough to warrant function junction's hiring of holiday sales temps.

Jessica a dit…

I guess I don't really get this furlough business, exactly. Is it basically they're just not paying for 5 days?

Anyway hopefully this is all that has to happen and everything is fine.

And look at the bright side, France!