5.3.09

Oh. Là. Là. Là. Là... in a good way, and then a wee pity party, kinda :)

Freaking out de nouveau (of course - you knew it didn't you?!) after Tuesday night's sometime sanity but slight chance of eliminating a big stressor came to light today...

Have almost certainly finally found someone to stay with Sam & Lucy and keep my house homey.

This was becoming a bigger and bigger question mark as various avenues and ideas and email sendings continued to bear no fruit whatsoever... Doing orals a few weeks ago I decided to ask my 4 or 5 most responsible students (ultra super fantastically most responsible, not just standard responsibleness of course, we ARE talking about the kits after all) what they had planned for the summer. Today Tasha wrote that she is doing Summer I and Yes would love to take me up on my venture/offer. I'm still not completely heaving a sigh of relief til I see the eyes of the fat lady (not Tasha) and everything, but knowing her for two semesters now I recognize her as one of the top says-she'll-do-it-and-does-it students I have come across here, so I think we're around 85% ('cause, hello, pessimist...) home free on this dilemma. If it comes thru I can focus on using all my stress energy on things I actually have quasi-control over. Now to decide if that is good or not.

Grading and then doing the top 5 of the current 15 or so urgent Paris tasks then home...

in about 2 hours...

to grade some more...

(Cue sad Italian violin music.)

with a large glass of wine...

(Start calling everyone for an Upstate cabernet intervention.)

Nyernt nyernt.

Meow.

2 commentaires:

Allison a dit…

too bad im in france (nevermind that i would otherwise be in alabama) or i'd totally watch the babies for you! but just think, paris is coming up! how exciting! in other good news, the french have finally started wearing colors again so winter is nearly over!

Applecart T. a dit…

I wish I could be in BOTH places!