1.5.07

p.s. re: Book Stop

So Kate says the Book Stop gang got all the stuff sorted in preparation for their downsizing sale prior to actually moving the 15th of May. All the collectible and more price-heavy standard stock was boxed up out of the way and anything that could be included in the sale was moved into front room. I have to say I really wish I had time and money to go west and had more room in my little apt because all the sale stuff is $1/paperback, $3 hardback. Is that crazy?! Quelle ganga! And we're talking good copies; the Book Stop is quite discriminating in what they buy so those prices would get you tons of nice, clean, tight, non-remainder tomes. So if anyone is planning a road trip to Tucson in the next week or so you know where to go...

I still really wish I could go help out, which leaning shows I definitely need (a) a Life, and (b) to figure out a way to be out there again in whatever capacity someday... Maybe p/t at the Book Stop and p/t at Pima or UofA? Hmmm...

♪♪♪Update 5/1/07 - Kate says now it's $1/hb, 50¢/pb. Better hurry because Larry (McMurtry - you guys didn't know I knew him did you?... not that he'd remember me anymore I'm sure but he's a Book Stop regular when in Tucson, where he spends a fair amount of time) and the "guy of a hundred boxes" who has spent upwards of $3000 now [Kate suspects he's going to try to turn them over on Ebay or somewhere for a profit - quite likely but as she says "it gets them out of our hair anyway"] are making quite a dent. Mr. McMurtry has bought nearly 100 boxes' worth as well. Even so, they have quite a pile of stock at the B.S. so there will still be plenty for you to browse when they get re-set up on 4th Avenue and you decide to make a trek west, taking your favorite former-Tucsonan along for the ride of course. kee.

Aucun commentaire: