4.5.07

uh oh - WLI mtg?!...

Wasn't I done with that LAST year? :) No worries, Paula and Kim (my successor) just want to start helping K get up to speed so we're meeting Tuesday. Crazy! The only problem is I've blocked most of that stuff out ('cause that's what one does when traumatized)... Guess I've got some memory-refreshing to do in the next few days... And OK, I admit it, at this point in the semester (Finals Sludge) is when I always start wondering what else to do with my life and this morning I thought about project management stuff again... Of course quickly nixed it but still it's crazy to have entered my head even for a nanosecond. Shows how truly dreadful (most) Finals Week interaction with students has been so far (and I'm only 65% done). (There have been a few good things altho not enough to allay the storm cloud that entered me last night; Jessica can attest to its not being at all pretty...)

Seriously is there no one who will pay me to sit around reading, playing with the kits, journaling, pianoing, gyming, writing letters, making pies, watching movies, blogging, quilting, hiking, knitting, and speaking French all day?! (I would even clean house if necessary.) That What Color Is Your Parachute? guy makes it sound so easy... {Holy Grail mudslinging-peasant whiny voice} Oh sure, there's a job niche out there for everyone...

1 commentaire:

Jessica a dit…

Miss you.
Wish I had someone to pay me to do those things too. I'd even be a personal shopper. Oh well.

Read a good Quote today -
I can't find where it was in the book right now so I don't have the author...
"You don't have a soul. You are the soul. You have a body"

Right now I just figure work is for my body to do during the week so I have the money and time to let the soul live free on the weekends.