- John & Adrienne soon to be nominated for sainthood by yours truly - I could not have made it thru the last several days without them, esp. John - as usual it's great to have really capable, intelligent, and retired friends!
- 4 million outlets! all 3-prong!!
- washer/dryer installed roughly 4 hours ago! :)
- not enough clothing/towels unpacked/used up to merit a load yet :(
- really nice W/D install guys made up for the quite battle-axey lady who rang me up there Friday afternoon
- when they got off the truck this morning, one goes, "OK well we have your range and fridge in here all set for install!" (luckily I had had a lot of sleep the last two nights plus the bulk of the house/moving stress is gone so the joke ended up being quite funny but I still told him that being that pesky must be risky at times)
- if you buy R movies at Walmart here they have to come and authorize you if you're in the self-service line
- disconcertingly direct eye contact from strangers here, or maybe I never noticed Alabamians lacked it - or else I'm suddenly REALLY interesting-looking
- definitely in the tobacco belt! thank goodness the no-smoking-in-public ordinance is supposed to go into effect in July or so
- squirrels, spiders, and skeeters!
- very efficient highway get-on-ers! (again, could be in comparison to AL where you were lucky to have a speedy on-ramp experience once out of 100 times)
- they talk fast!
- some of them talk a lot, too - especially the guy in Walmart yesterday who saw me glance at a chair and proceeded to deliver his treatise on easy chair purchasing where multi-size family members were concerned
- been living on Subway so far - it's just so handy since I hadn't unpacked much til today - mostly cleaning plus tearing the futon frame apart and putting it back together (Verdict on same for John's info: yep, it was indeed necessary to undo an entire end - only slightly awkward getting it back together due to the springs, but not as much as feared :)
- Sam & Lucy back under the bed when I left for the current errand run - they had been doing much better but the W/D guys gave them a slight relapse in their new house/noise stress... see the cat post from yesterday morning which I just finished below... more on them in a few...
- internet at the house is the last thing til we're all done with util's, etc., there - it's set for tomorrow morning
- also will pick up my mailbox key from the PO and they are supposed to deliver my recycle bin, too
bullet post from the pickens co. library
Quickly since they will close in 21 minutes :) plus I still have errands to run...