23.4.09

Back by popular demand: la Cuisine Argile

Kitchen news... Basically I rock hugely. Here is my totally impromptu but oh-so-frigging-yummy garlic sauce recipe - great for crêpes...

Susan's Garlic Sauce

3 cloves of garlic, minced very fine (I would not use a garlic press on this, tho, if you're tempted - makes the flavor different - a bit harsh sometimes)
1/3 c. or so sour cream
1/3 c.
or so ½ & ½
2 T. or so butter
white pepper
salt

Stir or gently whisk together the creams. (This makes a good equivalent of crème fraîche - if you can find crème fraîche at your store, buy it instead and use 1/2 to 2/3 c.)
Set aside.
Melt butter in sauté pan on low heat.
Add garlic and sauté, keeping heat very low so as not to burn either butter or garlic (come on, if Impatient Susan can do this part, you can!)

When garlic is fairly clear, slowly stir in about half the cream mixture or crème fraîche. Let heat, stirring off and on. Keep heat low. Add 3 or 4 shakes white pepper, and a pinch or two salt. Let heat, stirring a little again.

Now the free will comes in. At this point I tasted to see if it still tasted mostly creamy or if it tasted garlicky. Also I paid attention to the consistency. I decided it was thick enough to bear some more cream plus it was pretty garlicky so I thought the flavor would still be solid if I added more cream. Also I knew I needed a little more sauce for what I was serving. So bear all that in mind, taste it and see what you think. If it's plenty garlicky and you want more sauce, add remaining cream slowly again, stirring a little as it heats, and add more white pepper and salt.


No pressure, but I sautéed fresh spinach in just a little olive oil, wrapped it in crêpes with a slice of ham, and drizzled the garlic sauce over everything.

Oh. My. Goodness.

2 commentaires:

Applecart T. a dit…

Great meal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Donaldson a dit…

I'm going to make this very soon. om nom nom