16.2.12

poem surfing and pondering

Instead of working this afternoon, I got on a Mary Oliver tangent again. Here's another jewel...

The Uses of Sorrow
(In my sleep I dreamed this poem)

Someone I loved once gave me

a box full of darkness.

It took me years to understand
that this, too, was a gift.



(from Wisdom Portal)

At some point I really will blog some more, honest.... at the moment most things internet-y that don't have to do with school (OK and the school ones too but I have to do those) feel fatiguing before I start since I envision myself getting stuck on the interwebs for hours and hours (as I am wont to do).

If the silence seems foreboding from the reader's perspective, it isn't. All is relatively well! I just need some way to regulate my online time so it doesn't feel like just one more ball I have to somehow get in the air. At first I was feeling kind of frantic about getting back to HOV, etc., (still am feeling a bit frantic about all the emails stored up that are awaiting responses) but some other things are finding their way back into my life (among other things I'm playing piano in a big way for the first time in years and years, my little paws are really pooped! but all of me is pretty happy about it) and so I decided it was OK if it takes a little longer to get back to social media.

Aucun commentaire: